Michelle Lefevra, MS, RCEP
Michelle Lefevra, a certified Exercise Physiologist and Registered Nurse, came to USF after 10 years in Cardiac Rehab at Parkview Hospital. She holds a BS from Indiana University in Kinesiology and an MS from Indiana State in Physical Education. In addition to teaching a full load of courses, Michelle provides CPR training for all students and employees at USF as it is needed. Thanks to Michelle, students have the opportunity to prescribe exercise and train employees from local businesses in a partnership program that she initiated. She has recently become a “soccer mom” sharing her love of sports with her young son.
- Master of Science, Indiana State University – 2000
- Bachelor of Science, Indiana University – Bloomington – 1998
- Michelle has worked as staff and management at Parkview Health from 2003-2014 in various departments including Cardiac Rehabilitation, Health & Fitness Center, Telemetry Monitoring and Corporate Wellness. She also helped design and implement the Cancer Wellness Services at Parkview Health.
- Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist (RCEP) since 2007.
- She has taught group exercise (yoga, weights, step, and chair aerobics) at multiple locations around Fort Wayne since 1997.
- She has been an American Heart Association CPR Instructor since 1998.
- Michelle was an Adjunct professor at IPFW for 3 years prior to teaching at USF
- Michelle teaches a wide range of classes including Exercise Physiology, Exercise Prescription, ECG Interpretation for Exercise Scientists, Instructing Group Exercise, Stress Management, Challenge Course, Kinesiology, Personal Wellness and Internship Coordinator.
- Development of an Exercise Physiology Laboratory with opening in Fall 2013
- Co-coordinator of the USF Stay Fit program
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Health & Wellness with disease states
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR)
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- American Heart Association (AHA)